Shell's Journey

For anyone who has ever struggled to have a baby, knows that this is an emotional rollercoaster! Thanks for sharing the ride with us!


Thursday, April 24, 2008

Flashback!

A "friend" of mine has "flashback wednesdays" on her blog. Another friend of mine was reminiscing about how life was different 2 yrs ago.....so it got me thinking. I went back and read my blog from 2 yrs ago! Very interesting, since at that time we didnt know we were pregnant with Teagan and had no idea how our lives were about to change!!

Here is my entry from April 25, 2006:
Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I am not a very patient person.......it has been 1 month since we were placed on the waiting list, the list that is supposed to take 4 to 6 mos, 3 mos until we can even expect anything....yet I cant help but drive myself crazy! I was given a list of requirements that we needed to have done before we could proceed when it comes time. Annual gyn exam, mammogram and Jeff's genetic testing~ ALL DONE! the only thing that I still need to do is have my gyn doc send over the results to the RE.....that will happen at the end of this week (they need time to have all results in my file). If I was this efficient with the rest of my life, I would be at a decent weight, my house would be clean, and our finances would be in perfect order.......for some reason, I cant apply my efficiency to the other aspects of my life......maybe I need the RE to tell me: You need to lose 50lbs, have a clean house and no debt before we can proceed......hmm, maybe that is the motivation that I need.

I have been trying to lose weight, something that is not very easy for me.......I have been working out 2-3 times a week, walking 2x a week.......and yesterday I started (should I dare say it) a "diet"...it is the curves 6 week diet, (err )life eating plan......hopefully I will have some "progress" to report over the next several weeks.

Alexis starts softball tonight, I like watching her sports...games dont start until end of May. She is a little nervous, she has played softball on the same team since Kindergarten (7 out of 12 girls were from the original k-garten team last year!)This year she is going to be playing on a local team (since we moved last summer), we dont know who is on the team (hopefully she will know someone), we dont know the coach and we dont know the league. I am hoping that it is still a fun season for her. School will be out in just a month......wow! She is going to be pretty busy this summer, so my plans of a babysitter are pretty nil.

Here are her plans for summer:

weights and conditioning Mon-thurs~ 9-11:30

Open gym Mon & Wed 11:30-1pm

Volleyball camp June 12-16~ 12:30-3:30

Drivers Ed starting at end of June 7-9am (mon-fri) for 3 weeks, plus a few afternoons through the week of driving time.

Softball

Plus a few single daytime volleyball camps spread out over the summer.


posted by Shell at 9:03 AM


Hmmm.......very different indeed, yet still the same!!! LOL! My house is still a mess(but now I have the messes of a 4yr old and a 1yr old, so 2x the mess), I still need to lose weight (although as of today I am down 13lbs since March 1st and almost to my Pre-mason weight!!!!),and well....there is still plenty of debt! The biggest difference is probably that I finally feel complete. I was so desperate back then to have a baby, so empty...it literally consumed our lives. We have truly been blessed!!!

posted by Shell at 4:23 PM comment(s) made: 0

Read & Make Comments

--------------------------------------------------------------------